After last weekend’s bacon binge, we’ve committed to getting out of the house and unclogging the arterial ducts. Couch surfing will have to wait until cold weather kicks in – or the next Ice Age arrives, whichever comes first. Finish up that business stuff and kick it to the curb. Weekends are fun time, family time, and foolish time.
On our agenda over the next two days is silliness. Sublime ridiculous absurdity, of which much abounds in our neck of the woods. If you don’t live in the Pacific Northwest (and sadly, not everyone can), I bet you can find similar eventful locations to treasure in your own backyard. A little internet surfing can produce amazing results – places that may startle your wits and make you wonder about the local populous.
We’re off to visit:
1. Marsh’s Free Museum (home of Jake the Alligator Man)
2. Bigfoot’s Steakhouse (where the Big Guy eats)
3. Voodoo Doughnuts (Zombies like sweets too)
4. Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe (the requisite biannual visit)
5. Mima Mounds (lunatic formation ideas abound)
Go adventuring. Take the road less traveled. This is the only life you get, so use it wisely. I guess that isn’t strictly true in terms of world beliefs. Okay. This is the life you have right now, get living!