Posts Tagged Comprehension
Do you want to become a better listener?
In a world where we are inundated by information and bombarded by visuals, how well do we listen to each other? Watch this brief TEDTalk where Julian Treasure offers tips on five ways to listen better. Check it out and see what you think:
Too busy to watch? Here are Julian’s recommended exercises to improve what you hear and live consciously and fully:
- Practice three minutes of silence every day.
- Listen to how many channels of sound can you hear?
- Savor the mundane sounds in your life.
- Be aware of your listening position as you respond.
- Practice RASA: Receive. Appreciate. Summarize. Ask.
Are you listening now?