Posts Tagged focus
(yes is what we’re going for here) And are they his own? (bonus!)
2. Has he ever been married or in a serious relationship?
(If no, why not? warning! warning!)
3. Is he open to trying new things?
(sushi, bungee jumping, owl&plank – establish his limits now)
4. How high does the televised sports monitor beep?
(this determines future availability)
5. Any offspring? Potential for? Not want?
(take care of this one now to avoid issues later)
6. Is he familiar with ANY music produced after his high school graduation?
(No? That’s a deal breaker)
You get the idea…narrowing down the identity of the clique you think you’re writing best appeals to, can help you figure out the brand you’re developing. Well what a good idea!
I may be paraphrasing too broadly here, but that’s how my brain processed all the components into the neural filing cabinet. Yet I continue to wrestle with the idea of branding. I called upon the wisdom of a friend, someone I’ve known almost 30 years. I posed my questions and asked if the ideas made sense. With an immediate shushing noise, she said: you write for people who love red wine, eat dark chocolate, indulge their fantasies, and tell naysayers to bugger off.
The Digest Enthusiast
Miss the classic digests of the past? Ever wonder how you lost touch with all that delicious pulp? You should check out The Digest Enthusiast!
These folks have been kind enough to publish several of my stories:
- The Presidential Collection
- Feed the Beast (episode 1)
- Down the Rabbit Hole (episode 2)
- The Edge of Eternity (episode 3)
Click the image to see all the wordy goodness Larque Press has to offer!