A Versatile Award

versatile blogger awardI received a Versatile Blogger award!
Kewl beans. ~Thanks Juliet (over at Kinetic Writing). A short time later, Angela Orlowski-Peart also picked me as a recipient. ~Ditto the cool chirps. Thanks for being so thoughtful. Figuring out which bits of me are interesting enough to mention was perplexing, but here they are…remember, somebody wanted to know.
Accepting the Versatile Blogger Award requires:
1. Thanking the person(s) giving the award and linking back.
2. Sharing seven things about yourself.
3. Passing the award on to fifteen recently-discovered blogs.
Seven Things about Me:
1 I go through bouts where I don’t watch television. At all. They usually last a couple of years. I’m about 18 months into the current one and still going strong, although there are days I miss FOOD network.
2 – Once upon a time I got to wear an original Mae West dress. The fabric and seams had stretched to accommodate her robust curves and I felt rather voluptuous. That’s a really good memory.
3 I’m a complete pen snob. They don’t have to be expensive but they MUST write smoothly. Ink should flow like lava down a Hawaiian hillside and people should flee from my written words…uh, sorry…nevermind.
4 I’ll probably get flamed for this, but I may be the only person on the planet that thought Avatar was lame (I still love you, Wes Studi). C’mon could the characters have been any more cliché? Say it with me now…caricature. Yeah, yeah…amazing color…doesn’t anybody else remember blacklight posters?
5 One branch of my family can be traced back over a thousand years to this guy named Uctred DeCleiveland…how’s that for a name? Uctred. I’m not even sure how to pronounce it, surely not the way I’ve been doing. He was a contemporary of William the Conqueror. Whatever.
6 I always wanted lots of kids. Ten actually. Funny how life turns out, I got just the one and feel grateful to be so blessed. He’s pretty awesome.
7 I love bad movies: Harold & Kumar, Sex Drive, Hot Tub Time Machine, Bachelor Party, etc. Of course they’re stupid – that’s part of the fun! I can’t wait to see Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Yeah, I also loved MST3K.
If you’ve already been tagged (or even if you haven’t and you hate the chain letter thing), feel free to raise the highway salute and ignore the rules. May agents bless your manuscripts with tears of joy and publishers wave handfuls of money in your direction…at the least, may you get free coffee in the drivethrough.
Here are my versatile picks:

Visit, peruse, admire and be awed…or else.

1. #1 by Annalise Green on September 19, 2011 - 3:19 pm

Thanks so much for the award! :DJealous about the Mae West dress. And Harold & Kumar is an awesome movie! And I was also underwhelmed by the plot of Avatar, although the graphics sure were purdy.

2. #2 by Natalie on September 19, 2011 - 3:43 pm

Congrats on the blogging recognition – you deserve it!Love that you've taken time away from TV, something I've wanted to do for a long time and figure once I start writing, I'll basically have to. It's simply too much of a distraction for me!I am a total pen snob as well! LOL!

3. #3 by Deborah Walker on September 19, 2011 - 4:06 pm

Wow. Mae West's dress? That is so awesome. Thanks so much for passing on the award. – kelda/debs

4. #4 by Angela Wallace on September 19, 2011 - 8:12 pm

Ooh, I want to be a pen snob too! I love my Pilot G2 007 color pens. *grin* I color-coded my classes and notes with those.Congrats on the award!

5. #5 by alicamckennajohnson on September 20, 2011 - 3:09 am

Congrats on the award! I love #3- I will horde pens I like and buy sucky ones for when the kids ask me for one 🙂 And Tucker and Dale vs Evil is going to be awesome!!!

6. #6 by Lesann Berry on September 20, 2011 - 4:59 am

You're welcome Annalise! I always enjoy your blog. The Mae West dress was pretty awesome although nowadays I couldn't wriggle half my behind into it! I'm looking forward to the new Harold & Kumar…seen the preview? lolPoor Santa.

7. #7 by Lesann Berry on September 20, 2011 - 5:00 am

Thanks Natalie! I do enjoy tv but not as much as other things – I get fed up with programming and check out for a while. I'm too young to claim the "Timothy Leary effect" but I believe it's a similar phenomenon.

8. #8 by Lesann Berry on September 20, 2011 - 5:01 am

You're welcome Deborah/Kelda! I've enjoyed discovering so many new blogs through the campaign. Mae West was stacked by modern standards – she was a plump curvy gal!

9. #9 by Lesann Berry on September 20, 2011 - 5:02 am

Thanks Angela! I'll enter your name on the roster of the Snobby Pen Club. It's official now!

10. #10 by Lesann Berry on September 20, 2011 - 5:03 am

Thanks Alica! I have pens no one else is allowed to use. Pathetic huh? The rest I'll share, but not my "precious" ones. lolTucker and Dale just look like nice ol' boys who experience some wrong stuff.

11. #11 by Debbie on September 20, 2011 - 11:10 pm

Hi Lesann. Congrats on the award and thanks for nominating me.Well done on avoiding television for so long – you're not missing much! As for Avatar, I'm probably one of the few people on the planet that hasn't seen it. I've heard it looks good but the story is woeful, which is enough incentive for me to avoid wasting my time. I endured Titanic for the sake of special effects – I don't think I'll make the same mistake again.How come you got to wear a Mae West dress? You've got me curious. 🙂

12. #12 by Lesann Berry on September 21, 2011 - 1:04 am

Thanks for visiting Debbie! There are things I miss watching, but mostly biographical stuff which I can get off netflix. I love movies but Avatar did nothing for me – even the special effects didn't spin my top. The Mae West dress belonged to a coworker who worked in theater and invested in quality film memorabilia. This was a long time ago but I still remember the sense of personality in that cloth. I wish I could remember more clearly the details about the color and fabric because it was one she wore in a film.