So here it is, my entry for the “Are You Naughty or Nice?” game.
In some ways this reminded me of the endless rounds of truth-or-dare the girls played at my house long before any of us got married or had children. It certainly brought back memories
I had suppressed… I had shoved inside the brain closet… I tried to forget…which had slipped my mind.
The daring August McLaughlin started this adventure and after Natalie Hartford and Tameri Etherton confessed to some past wicked-naughty-bad-girl-acts, I decided to own up to some of my own youthful indescretions.
Mom and Dad, you should stop reading NOW.
Actually, I never did anything too egregious, but if I had, I’m far too close-mouthed to spill it here. Despite the rumors that I’ve lived a madly uninhibited life, sadly I have not. Mostly. Almost entirely.
Since none of the people who can stand witness even know about this blog, my cloak of mystery remains. The rules are simple: I might have done any of the following, you decide. We’ll meet back here next week for the revelation.
Once upon a time, I:
1. …blew through the Canadian/US border without stopping my car.
2. …carried a Choctaw blowgun from Oklahoma to California on an airplane.
3. …stole a dead horse.
4. …got thrown off a pier into the Pacific Ocean.
5. …walked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail.
6. …married one of my students.
7. …woke up with a rattlesnake in my sleeping bag.
8. …got trapped by a flash flood.
9. …once dated three guys at the same time.
10. …earned the highest score on the writing exam in my high school.
I’m surprised at how many things just can’t be included because a specific incident involves one of those people-who-must-not-be-named or a question lingers about whether or not the statute of limitations might still be in force.