So here it is, my entry for the “Are You Naughty or Nice?” game.
In some ways this reminded me of the endless rounds of truth-or-dare the girls played at my house long before any of us got married or had children. It certainly brought back memories
I had suppressed… I had shoved inside the brain closet… I tried to forget…which had slipped my mind.
The daring August McLaughlin started this adventure and after Natalie Hartford and Tameri Etherton confessed to some past wicked-naughty-bad-girl-acts, I decided to own up to some of my own youthful indescretions.
Mom and Dad, you should stop reading NOW.
Actually, I never did anything too egregious, but if I had, I’m far too close-mouthed to spill it here. Despite the rumors that I’ve lived a madly uninhibited life, sadly I have not. Mostly. Almost entirely.
Since none of the people who can stand witness even know about this blog, my cloak of mystery remains. The rules are simple: I might have done any of the following, you decide. We’ll meet back here next week for the revelation.
Once upon a time, I:
1. …blew through the Canadian/US border without stopping my car.
2. …carried a Choctaw blowgun from Oklahoma to California on an airplane.
3. …stole a dead horse.
4. …got thrown off a pier into the Pacific Ocean.
5. …walked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail.
6. …married one of my students.
7. …woke up with a rattlesnake in my sleeping bag.
8. …got trapped by a flash flood.
9. …once dated three guys at the same time.
10. …earned the highest score on the writing exam in my high school.
I’m surprised at how many things just can’t be included because a specific incident involves one of those people-who-must-not-be-named or a question lingers about whether or not the statute of limitations might still be in force.
Do your best, er…or your worst. Have fun!
#1 by August McLaughlin on January 10, 2012 - 7:20 am
HA! I love the warning to your parents, Lesann. So thrilled you decided to try this. Hope you have as much fun as I and others have!
Here are my guesses:
3: Hmm… Was going to say No, but seems too random. YES!
4: Yikes! Yes.
5: Awesome. Yes!
6. Yes, you randy girl!
7. By rattle snake, do you mean.. KIDDING!!! Um, No. Wait. Yes.
Um, guess I guess you did them ALL! Wasn’t planned…but if the naughty/nice shoe fits! 😉 Can’t wait for the reveal.
#2 by Leslie on January 10, 2012 - 9:56 am
Thanks August…your enthusiasm has me laughing!
#3 by Susie Lindau (@SusieLindau) on January 10, 2012 - 8:25 am
I am going to guess
Sounds like you have had some fun adventures!!!!
#4 by Leslie on January 10, 2012 - 9:58 am
Thanks for guessing, Susie!
Some days, life is an adventure….check back next week for the skinny.
#5 by Natalie Hartford on January 10, 2012 - 2:31 pm
Thanks for the FAB shout out Lesann and sooo happy you decided to play along. Eeeekkkeee…fun getting to know you better!!! So…here are my guesses!!
1. No way – those border cops are intense!
2. Hmmm…I am going with a yes on this one.
3. Perhaps a taxidermy – so…hmmm…YES! LOL
5. This seems totally up your alley so…yes.
6. You BAD girl…Hell Yes!
7. OMG I can’t imagine waking up to a rattlesnake…I am going with NO.
9. Eeekeee….love it…again hell yes!
10.Total keener – YES!
Sooo much fun! Can’t wait for the answers!!
#6 by Leslie on January 11, 2012 - 7:07 pm
I love all the punctuated comments on your response, Natalie! I can hear the eek, OMG, no waaay….,lol
#7 by Jennifer Tanner on January 11, 2012 - 1:28 am
I am saying yes to all ten. But #2 may have taken place before the TSA security checks. #3 might be related to an incident involving a black and white bovine. #10…easy guess!
#8 by Leslie on January 11, 2012 - 7:04 pm
Bless you…you have SUCH faith in me! lol
Someday I’ll have to write a post about the arboreal bovine…
#9 by Elena Aitken on January 11, 2012 - 7:12 pm
Okay, I’ll play…
I’m saying yes to all but 3 and 7!
#10 by Leslie on January 12, 2012 - 9:41 am
This is too much fun, you should play too.
#11 by Tameri Etherton on January 11, 2012 - 9:37 pm
This is so exciting! You and Diana Murdock on the same day. Whoohoo!
Okay, here goes:
1. Absolutely and the three days you spent in jail were totally worth it since the Canadian Mountie was a total doll baby. You’d be married now, except you were considered a felon for smuggling a gun on board a plane.
2. Yes (see #1)
3. Seriously, if you stole a dead horse you need to go back to Canada and smack that mountie over the head. Um, having said that, I think you did on a dare. Or you really liked the saddle it was wearing at the time of death.
4. Well, duh. Hasn’t everyone?
5. Why the hell would you do that? For grins? Oh, I know, because they threw you off the plane for smuggling a gun onboard! Heck yes.
6. Yep. Nothing wrong with that if he’s of legal age. And not a Canadian Mountie.
7. Eesh, I hope not.
8. Yep, because you thought your 4 wheel drive could outrun the tide of water that came rushing at you. And because you forgot to fill the boat’s gas tank and your horse was dead.
9. Whoohooo! I hope so!
10. Damn well better have.
I can’t wait to find out the truth! Someday we should get together and have a drink while discussing all the things we couldn’t put on our lists. In private, of course, with no listening devices anywhere to be found. ; )
#12 by Leslie on January 12, 2012 - 9:43 am
Tameri – this is too funny!
You make my life SO much more glamorous than it is. If I were to ever get a do-over I’d want you to be in on the scripting! We should totally get together for a drink and chat!
#13 by Diana Murdock on January 11, 2012 - 10:35 pm
Girlfriend, you claim to not have an uninhibited life…yeah, right. There is more to you than meets the eye. That’s why I love you so damn much! Something simmers just beneath the surface. I can feel it. Ok…So here are my guesses:
1. …blew through the Canadian/US border without stopping my car. >> Don’t think you would.
2. …carried a Choctaw blowgun from Oklahoma to California on an airplane. >>> Most definitely.
3. …stole a dead horse. Um…why a dead one? But I’ll say yes.
4. …got thrown off a pier into the Pacific Ocean.>> You probably pissed someone off, right? I’d say yes to this. 🙂
5. …walked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail. >> Yes. You are woman enough for this.
6. …married one of my students. >>> Yes. I’m sure you thought this one through before saying “I do.”
7. …woke up with a rattlesnake in my sleeping bag.>> No. The rattlesnake would have been smarter than that.
8. …got trapped by a flash flood. >> Yeah. I could see that.
9. …once dated three guys at the same time. >Definitely.
10. …earned the highest score on the writing exam in my high school. >> Absolutely on this.
So, sweetie… what is the REAL dirt??? LOL. Can’t wait until next week!!!
#14 by Leslie on January 12, 2012 - 9:46 am
Diana – this is soo funny. I absolutely cackled when I read your list on your website, and these guesses on mine. I think everyone has skeletons in the closet, and the people who are the quietest and most demure have the biggest ones. When we hook up with Tameri for a drink, the REAL dirt will be unloaded! lol
#15 by Angela Orlowski-Peart on January 12, 2012 - 6:35 am
All of these are awesome, Lesann! Love your sense of humor 🙂
Okay, let’s see how many I can get right:
1 and 2 heck yes!
3 I must say no – why in heavens would you need a dead horse?
4 and 5 no, but I might be for a big surprise
6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 I’m voting yes on those!
Now you want me to sit back and wait until next week? Torture!!!!
#16 by Leslie on January 12, 2012 - 9:55 am
This is such a challenge to find things that are worth including but aren’t so over-the-top that people are scared off! lol
I’m looking forward to the big reveal, especially over at Diana’s!
#17 by Patricia Sands on January 12, 2012 - 10:30 am
I don’t know how the other commenters have time to leave such long responses! My short ones are not due to lack of interest, honest!!! I’m going with all ten too … some of them are too good not to be true. Bring on the Big Reveal!
#18 by Leslie on January 12, 2012 - 11:40 am
I laughed when I read this because I think exactly the same thing when I blog hop around. Some of the comments people leave are sooo long! I love reading them but seldom have so much to say. Your comment got sucked into the spam can so I just fished it out and approved you – that shouldn’t happen again!